Sunday, December 25, 2011

Turkey Necks

For some reason I felt like eating the meat out of turkey necks, which look disgusting. When I used to buy the roasted chickens from Whole Foods, before I decided it was a bad idea. Side note, it is a bad idea because they are sitting in plastic containers under heat lamps for hours on end and I would binge on them and suck everything off the carcass in one sitting. Anyhow my favorite part of the chicken was always the neck and the tail. They were always the most crispy and delish, so I decided to buy straight up turkey necks. 



I roasted the turkey necks with sage and thyme and some sea salt, but the meat wasn't as great as I would have liked. It was tough to get off the bone, so I through them in a crock pot, with a stock I had frozen from a bison crock pot meal and I cooked them with some chicken. That was truly amazing and the stock from that meal was the best poultry broth I have ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment