Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Only Meal I Will Ever Eat On a Tuesday Morning


 

This is by far the most amazing, ORGASTRONOMIC meal I have ever eaten for breakfast. I eat this every Tuesday. I would probably eat this every day of my life, for every meal, but then it would not be as special. I look forward to this. FYI I have "Last Supper" place mats bought at a dollar store in the suburbs six years ago.

I'm not a strictly Paleo or Primal person, but I am strictly gluten free and I don't do crappy substitutes. Truth be told I have not eaten McDonald's in over ten years, I have not eaten pizza in four years and I have not eaten yeast containing products in over three years. I have been eating this way long before it was a trend. I do realize that Paleo/Primal eating is a lifestyle, but for some people just like any other dietary modification it is a trend. I miss pizza, the concept of pizza is genius because it allows the devourer to layer flavors. There is the yeasty crust, with the sweetness of the tomato sauce and the bitterness of the vegetables. There are various textures at play as well and this is what I miss the most. The layers. 

I set out to bring back the layers into my life in the form of a breakfast dish that in my opinion is unparalleled. Now for the purpose of my recipe I use an egg white instead of a whole egg because I eat a whole egg with the meal as well as a bunch of other things. 

Things you need:
-food processor
-Baking Sheet lined with parchment paper
-medium size bowl
-some knives
-Measuring spoons, or a kitchen scale

Paleo Breakfast Veggie "Pizza" Crust
-85 g raw cauliflower, four big florets
-20g raw beet, one thick slice
-1/2 a yam flour cake (optional, can be bought at any Asian supermarket)
-7g/1TBSP coconut flour
-Water (as much as needed)
-1 jumbo egg white
-olive tapenade (optional)
-1 pinch Celtic Sea Salt
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp curry powder (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a food processor combine raw cauliflower, raw beet, 1/2 yam cake and chop/shred to fine pieces. Transfer to a medium size mixing bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients, and add water as necessary to make it into a spreadable mixture. Bake until crust hardens a bit and browns. Put on whatever toppings you like and slide back into the oven until the toppings are crispy and brown.

What I put on mine:

 -tomato paste, black bean dip, hummus (I know not Paleo, but tastes amazing), arugula, radichhio,  basil, garlic cloves, shitake, chanterelle, oyster, and portabella mushroom slices. Cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, rapini, red onions, and some small pieces of grilled octopus

This is what I eat it with:
-1/2 of one of my butternut squash muffins
-1 jumbo par boiled egg (the yolk is fully raw)
-1/2 cup coconut milk (watered down)
-1 tsp coconut butter
-1 TBSP of leftover spaghetti meat sauce from the day before
-small slice avocado
-15 g purple sweet potato
-1 sheet of nori seaweed
-1/4 serving of these kale chips, the best on earth
-1/2 slice bacon
-piece of curry roasted cauliflower (from Whole Foods salad bar)

This is how I eat it:

I take the sheet of nori seaweed and lay it out flat. I crack open my egg and break off some of the "pizza" and dip it into the warm, liquid egg yolk. I only eat organic cage free, pastured, jumbo eggs, because they are more satisfying. I break off a huge piece of the "pizza" and put it in the center of the nori seaweed. I layer on the leftover spaghetti, avocado, sweet potato, coconut butter, bacon, curry cauliflower and butternut squash muffin. I pour the yolk over that and scoop on some of the white to layer on top and then I drizzle on the kale chips
 

 

I roll it up in the nori and chow down. 


That is how to properly eat this and achieve maximum layering of flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment