Saturday, April 14, 2012

Why Barcelona is One of My Favorite Cities

I came back from a trip to Barcelona two weeks and it was probably one of the greatest cities I've been to, on multiple levels. The food was amazing, the food markets were a foodie's paradise and the scenery was magical. I did not take public transportation any day of the week and as a result walked about ten miles a day. Therefore the splurging on torrone and drinking Fanta Zeros daily still allowed me to come back five pounds lighter.


My favorite place to go in Barcelona every morning for breakfast was St. Joseph's Mercat de la Boqueria, off La Rambla, which is one of the largest food markets in the city. Every morning I got some samples of torrone, and ordered an amazing Spanish omelet (La Tortilla), which was the best omelet I have ever tasted in my life. This omelet was available at a cute place in the market called Bar Boqueria. I also went to Carrefour grocery store daily and picked up a glass jar of a mushroom medley mix that is made in France. If bought in the US it would have cost like ten bucks, but there it was only three. I managed to get past security with two of them in my suitcase! 

I will say that the nice thing about vacation is being able to truly enjoy the local food and some things that may be off limits usually. I feel that everyone needs to allow themselves some culinary fun. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment