Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Better Roasted Seaweed Option

Just as I have been eating shirataki noodles since before it became a trend. Honestly The Hungry Girl thinks she is fucking Christopher Columbus when it comes to low-cal food, kind of annoying. Also none of her recipes qualify for the food category since she regularly bakes with diet soda.  I have also been eating roasted Nori packets for awhile. When I first started eating them the only place you could buy them was an Asian supermarket and the unfortunate thing about the kind you find in an Asian supermarket is they tend to be made with soy oil or corn oil. Gross.

A year ago I discovered that they sell packages of roasted seaweed at Trader Joe's, but after mulling over the ingredients they too have a bad ingredient. Canola oil, which to me is as disgusting as corn or soy oil. I only eat the ones from Trader Joe's once in a while, like once a month or if I go on vacation. I found an alternative brand, SeaSnax that is so much healthier and tastes so much better. I discovered them at the Sweets and Snacks Expo in Chicago last May.  They are by far the best brand I have ever tasted and they use olive oil. At the show they gave me a deal and I was able to buy two cases of their snack packs in Onion and Classic and then a case of their packages of big sheets. This product is far superior to any other brand I have ever tried. They were so nice they also gave me a lot of packs for free, some were Chipotle, etc. Great company and a great product.

Next best thing would be Nori roasted in lard, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment